The Lakewood-West Colfax Business Improvement District (The BID) was formed by petition and special election in November of 2011. It is a special district along West Colfax in Lakewood that focuses on district advocacy, district identity, and economic development activities. In collaboration with the West Colfax Community Association (WCCA), Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design (RMCAD) and a range of other groups, the Lakewood-West Colfax BID is working with the business and property owners along West Colfax to manifest the vision embodied in the West Colfax Avenue Action Plan.
The Lakewood-West Colfax BID is working to support revitalization efforts within the West Colfax Corridor by focusing on the following areas:
- Awareness programs, special events, and other economic development activities to increase knowledge and appreciation of West Colfax’s history and businesses and attract more and new customers to the area
- Capital improvements, i.e. streetscapes, median enhancements, pedestrian amenities; public art and place-making programs, and safety and beautification programs to create a revitalized identity
- Programs and/or incentives for local businesses to encourage greater collaboration, clean-up initiatives and frontage improvements
- Creation and ongoing operation of arts/cultural districts and activities along West Colfax to develop and promote consumer destinations
- A unified voice for the business and property owners to help attract public and private grants, thus bringing additional dollars for programs and improvements to the corridor
These five focus areas all appear in the West Colfax Avenue Action Plan improvements to the corridor.
Next BID Board Meeting:
Scheduled for 3:30pm at 1560 Teller Street, Lakewood, CO 80214
- Roll call
- Public Comment
- Review/approval of Summary Minutes from prior meeting
- Any old business from prior meeting
- Review of BID financials
- Review of BID Programs and Resolutions for 2014
- Any other new business to address in this or a future meeting
LAKEWOOD-WEST COLFAX BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
BY: /s/_William P. Marino__
Executive Director / Board Secretary
Board meetings are scheduled for the 4th Tuesday every other month (odd months) unless posted otherwise.
For more details, write email@example.com. Please call to confirm schedule: 303-275-3430.
To view a list of the Lakewood-West Colfax BID Board Members please click here.